Satellite Communication - Iridium, Inmarsat, Thuraya, Vsat

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mobile broadband network goes global

"The era of global coverage for mobile broadband communications has arrived, following completion of Inmarsat's network-optimising satellite repositioning programme.
The new global I-4 satellite network went live when broadband services were successfully transferred to the Inmarsat-4 (I-4) F1 spacecraft at 20:00 UTC on Tuesday, 24 February.

The new global I-4 satellite regions are:
I-4 Americas - from 98 degrees West
I-4 EMEA - from 25 degrees East
I-4 Asia-Pacific - from 143.5 degrees East.

Also involved in the transfer were Inmarsat's satellite phone services (SPS) - IsatPhone, LandPhone and FleetPhone - which have now commenced operation on two I-4 satellites.
As a result, satellite phone services are now available on both the I-4 EMEA and I-4 Asia-Pacific satellites.
The restoration of services on the I-4 F1 brings Inmarsat's satellite repositioning programme to a successful conclusion."

Source: Inmarsat.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
myScoop